Smart online marketers take advantage of the various tools out there. However, not everyone has the budget to use expensive online marketing tools, but there are many free ones worth trying. And yes, we mean free online marketing tools that work very well for the average marketer. With that said, below are 5 free online marketing tools that we tested and approved for you.
1. MailChimp – Online marketers should have an email list or they should spend time working on building one, but many email subscription tools cost money to use. However, MailChimp allows people to use their service for free, up to 2,000 subscribers and up to 12,000 emails per month. If you are new to online marketing or you do not have an email list, then give MailChimp a try for free.
Sidenote: If you already have email leads that you aren’t using, you are throwing money away. Your potential customers/clients have already made a small commitment to your business. It has never been a bad idea to occasionally send them helpful information on the topic of what they opted in for along with a reminder about how great your service/product is. Always remember, it takes numerous interactions with a product for a lot of people to make the final commitment. Personal messages are best, but you can also pre-set the emails on autopilot.
2. Hotjar – As of now, there are three plans to choose from, with the basic one being free. This tool allows you to see how visitors to your site are actually using your site, such as where they are clicking, how far they are scrolling down and things of that nature. If you have a sales funnel, then you should analyze it, and Hotjar allows you to do just that by creating things such as website heat-maps, scroll-maps and click-maps. The paid plans allow you to do more, but the basic plan should come in handy too.
3. Google Trends – The chances are you’ve heard of Google Trends, but did you know you can use it as an effective internet marketing tool, and it doesn’t cost money to use. Google Trends allow you to see what people are searching for, and you can use Trends to see if people are searching for things in your industry and then you can build content around what you find. Great content and the right placements lead to traffic. So you can see why a lot of people take advantage of the free service.
4. Open Site Explorer – This tool can be used to check your website domain authority, page authority, how many links are pointing to your site as well as which sources are pointing to your site. The tool allows you to check your competition too, but if you use the free version, then you’ll be allowed to generate only three reports per day. By using Open Site Explorer, you will be able to build a quality inbound link portfolio, which is important for internet marketers, and it can help you be competitive.
5. Screaming Frog – This tool is for more experienced internet marketers that understand the power of properly optimizing their website. The tool crawls your website and breaks down the url structure and site content. You’ll be able to see what data is missing, what links are coming up with errors and which pages have duplicate information. Once again, you can do this for free (as of the time of posting this).
The question now is do you want to take your online marketing to the next level? If so, then I would suggest to look at these tools. The sooner you give them a try, the sooner you can find out whether or not they work and your business model.
These are just a few of our top free online marketing tools. There’s a big world full of emerging systems that need exposure. What are some of the ones you know of? Comment below.